Wednesday, January 23, 2008

smiles

Today feels like a Friday because we have off tomorrow through Monday for our re-orientation retreat. I'm excited to see all of the east coast volunteers (there are 80 of us total) and have time to relax and read and just hang out. But whenever I'm away from work for a few days, I miss it! I know I say it all the time, but I really love my clients. Even when I'm exhausted and stressed, it just makes me happy to see them and talk to them.

And today was a good example of that, because the custodian has been making me so frustrated lately. I think that sometimes he just gets bored and will suddenly not do something he does everyday (like unlocking the door in the morning at the time we let clients in) and then blame me for it. It's always silly, small things but I feel like he picks on me just because he thinks he can, so then I make it a point to stand up for myself. In all ways I'm trying to be a stronger person- not in an intimidating way but I don't want to be a stereotypical passive female that just giggles when something makes me feel uncomfortable.

But anyway, seeing the clients' smiles this morning made me happy. Tonight, our friends from Boston are coming for the night and then tomorrow morning we'll leave for Scranton.

No comments: